Nordic Forest Research (SNS) and the Forest Bioeconomy Network hereby announce a joint research network call.
Open call for networks
Network outputs should be useful for the Nordic community and should include knowledge exchange across national borders through e.g. arranging workshops, seminars, scientific meetings or open conferences. Networks could also write large-scale research funding applications, design policy recommendations based on research findings, produce peer-reviewed scientific papers, and create or maintain databases or websites.
Focus areas of the call
Successful proposals should relate to at least one of the following focus areas of the SNS Strategy plan:
– Maintenance and increased utilisation of forest-based ecosystem services
– Climate change mitigation and adaptation
– Meeting the demands of sustainable forest management in a growing bioeconomy
We particularly encourage networks that focus on:
1. Biodiversity management in production forests
2. Forestry and reindeer herding
We call for network proposals either within the general focus areas, or within the two particular focus areas. We do not expect proposals to cover all or several of the focus areas.